Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation was born from the most powerful force of all: a mother's love for her children. Elizabeth Glaser contracted the AIDS virus through a blood transfusion in 1981 while giving birth to her daughter, Ariel. She and her husband, Paul, later learned that Elizabeth had unknowingly passed the virus on to Ariel through breast milk and that their son, Jake, had contracted the virus in utero.
Ariel lost her battle with AIDS in 1988. Fully aware that Jake's life was also in danger, Elizabeth and her close friends, Susie Zeegen and Susan DeLaurentis rose to action. Few researchers were focusing on issues specific to pediatric HIV/AIDS, there were no drugs available for children, and the infection rate was rapidly rising. Elizabeth, Susie, and Susan sought to change that harsh reality.
Greek 101 is the proud t-shirt sponsor and manufacturer for the "Caring for Kids 101" Fraternity and Sorority Dance Marathon at campuses nationwide.
Greek Fraternity & Sorority Involvement
- Create a unique campus fratenity or sorority fundraising event.
- For example, Sports Tournaments, Dance Marathons, or Million Penny Drives.
- Add a nationally recognized fundraising component to Greek Week.
- Educate your campus about HIV/AIDS and the spirit of giving.
How The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Can Help Your Event
- Provide professional staff support specifically assigned to your fraternity, sorority, and campus events.
- A team of celebrity spokespeople lend their support to your event in a variety of ways.
- Event planning manuals for Sports Tournaments, Dance Marathons and Million Penny Drives.
- A Public Relations 101 Guide to help publicize your event and gain valuable media exposure.
Co-Chairs Scott Wall (Alpha Epsilon Pi) and Brooke Shields lead Ashley Judd (Kappa Kappa Gamma), Jeff Probst, Kimberly Williams (Alpha Phi), Lucy Liu (Chi Omega), Daisy Fuentes, Tia & Tamera Mowry, Julie Benz, Sara Gilbert, Sasha Alexander, Ever Carradine, Marisa Coughlan (PhiBetaChi), Kim Webster (Alpha Xi Delta), 98 degrees' Jeff Timmons, Ashley Williams, Kerr Smith, Jaime Pressly and Miss America '98 Kate Shindle as the Caring For Kids 101 celebrity spokepeople. Eric Niles of MTV's "Real World" and "The Grind" serves as National Dance Marathon Host.
To get involved visit our website: www.pedaids.org
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Children often dream of growing up, attending college and pursuing their careers. However, the children at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital have a simple dream—to live.
Join the life-saving mission of St. Jude by participating in a collegiate greek fraternity or sorority fund-raising event on your campus, such as Up 'til Dawn or NIC International Collegiate Four Square Tournament philanthropy event to support research and treatment at St. Jude.
For more information, call (901) 578-2039 or visit www.stjude.org.